Greece Christian School offers students the opportunity to begin their school career in a structured, Christian environment. The first year of school must be a positive learning experience for your child. Therefore, we believe that a child needs to be developmentally ready for kindergarten. Observations and suggestions will be offered to assist parents in determining a child’s readiness for the program which is used Our Kindergarten is consistent with the vision of GCS, which is, a quality education to the Christian community, under the Lordship of Jesus and the direction of the Holy Spirit.
The kindergarten class is consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the school. However, the specific purpose of kindergarten is:
- Opportunity for spiritual growth
- Encouragement social growth and interac-tion
- Activity that promotes an awareness of the world God has made
- Opportunities so that your child may complete challenges successfully
- Large and small motor skills training
- Teaching of basic skills such as: following directions, letters, colors, shapes, numbers, basic addition facts, reading words and sentences with comprehension using phonics
Kindergarten offers an academic program based on Christian materials. These materials are used to teach Bible, Phonics and Reading, Zaner Bloser Handwriting, Envisions Math and Words Their Way spelling are used.. Special areas of instruction include Music, Physical Education, Library, Art and Chapel.
Click here for Scope and Sequence